Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eve of the 40 days

It's Fat Tuesday and my last day of debauchery before Lent. While it'd be great to be in Rio, New Orleans or some other madcap place, I'll slide into this mildly. Perhaps that will make the transition easier.

My goals to start:

  • No alcohol
  • No caffeine
  • No hot beverages (soup isn't a beverage, is it?)
  • No profanity (thus, very little sports watching)
  • No glutony (my interpretation - no undisciplined eating)
  • Reserve family time on Mondays, limit TV
That's all I really know about Mormonism that applies. I could put smoking and drugs on the list too, but that would be like adding a completed task to the to do list just for the satisfaction of crossing it off.

This is enough to start, perhaps too much to maintain until April 12th. Time will tell. Anyone willing to join in this test? Any other goals to add?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, No alcohol, no profanity and no glutony? How's day 1 going? Lots of "oh fudges" and "golly darns" I recon....

    ReplyDelete